Obituary of Lou Anne Beaton
Mrs. Lou Anne Beaton, 70, Town of Deerfield, passed away on Friday, November 25, 2022, in the comfort of her home with her family by her side.
Lou Anne was born on January 28, 1952, in Buckhannon, W.V. and was the oldest of three daughters to the late Darl Guy and Gladys (Morris) Combs. At the age of 9, her mother passed away from cancer. She took the role as mother to her two younger siblings and helped her father with the farm. In 1970 she graduated from Buckhannon High School. She then attended West Virginia Wesleyan College and received a BS in Business administration with a Minor in Business education. Lou Anne worked to pay her way through college and as a senior, her father got into a car wreck causing severe head trauma. After graduating, Lou Anne was employed as a supervisor for the Department of natural resources, a secretary for Homestead Realty, and secretary for D.W. Winkelman at Sago coal mine, W.V. which is where she met the love of her life, Eric Beaton. They were united in marriage on April 25, 1981. Lou Anne then moved to New York to live with Eric. They built their home from the footers up and raised their two children. They ran their business Joseph Beaton & Sons, Inc. together and they were also part-owners of Strawberry Hills Mobile Home Park, where they made many friends.
Lou Anne was a devout Christian and converted to Catholicism in 2016. She enjoyed hunting, fishing, gardening, shopping, cooking, sewing, berry picking, and long walks in the woods. She also had a love for all animals and rescued many. She was proud to be a Mountaineer and her favorite time of year was Christmas, when she would go all out.
She is survived by her devoted husband Eric, two daughters Lori Santoro and her husband Michael, Rachel Kasprowicz and her husband Benjamin, two sisters Kate Burr, French Creek, W.V., Barbara Combs, Rock Cave, W.V., three cherished grandchildren Jeremy, Joanna, Jacob Kasprowicz with a fourth on the way, and many nieces and nephews.
Visitation for family and friends will be held on Wednesday, November 30, 2022, from 4-6pm at Heintz Funeral Service, Inc., 408 Herkimer Rd, Utica. Mass of Christian burial will be Thursday, December 1, 2022, at Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church, 1206 Lincoln Ave., Utica, N.Y. at 10:00am. Interment will take place at St. Peter's cemetery, North Utica.
Mrs. Beaton's family would like to extend their gratitude to her special friends Bev Rexrode & the Heavener's, W.V., Sharon & John Liang, Carol Getman, her sister Kate, brother-in-law Gary, sister-in-law Bonnie, the 3rd floor A.C. wing St. Luke's, and Hospice & Palliative care.
She was a very special woman and will be truly missed. Please keep her in your prayers.
We know there is a quote Lou Anne would like to share with family and friends and those dealing with Dementia (Alzheimer's) from her heart-
10 Request of a Person with Dementia Disease
- Please be patient with me – Remember that I have an organic brain disease for which I have no control.
- Talk to me – Even though I cannot always answer you, I can hear your voice and sometimes comprehend your words.
- Be kind to me – For each day of my life is a long and desperate struggle. Your kindness may be the most special and important event of my day.
- Consider my feelings – For they are still very much alive within me.
- Treat me with dignity and respect – As I would have gladly treated you.
- Remember my past – For I was once a healthy, vibrant person full of life, love and laughter with abilities and intelligence.
- Remember my present – I am a fearful person who misses my family and home very much.
- Remember my future – Though it may seem bleak to you, I am always filled with hope for tomorrow.
- Pray for me – For I am a person who lingers in the mists that drift between time and eternity. Your presence may do more for me than any other outreach of compassion you can extend to me.
- Love me – The gift of love you give will be a blessing from which will fill both our lives with light forever.
To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Lou Beaton, please visit Tribute Store
Mass of Christian Burial
In Loving Memory
1952 - 2022
Whitesboro Street Location
1517 Whitesboro StreetUtica, New York 13502Phone: (315) 797-5550Fax: (315) 735-3225
Herkimer Road Location
408 Herkimer RoadUtica, New York 13502Phone: (315) 797-5552Fax: (315) 735-3225Email: email@example.com